Brussels is quickly gaining a reputation as one of Europe's must-see destinations, with its small town charm, trendy bars and restaurants, fabulous food, great nightlife, fantastic shopping, numerous museums, and other attractions including the diverse and interesting exhibitions and festivals organized there every year.
Brussels is also becoming known as a mecca of style, art, and design. While attracting more and more big names in international fashion to its growing shopping districts, home-grown Belgian designers are rapidly gaining global notoriety. The streets of Brussels feature art and architecture created from an unmistakably Belgian point of view that cannot be replicated. This beautiful city is a center for fashion, art, and Belgian culture.
Brussels must sees are:
- The Grand Place: A unique mix of beautiful 17th century architecture and modern social life
- Manneken Pis: The infamous statue serves as an symbol of the spirit and humor of Brussels
- Atomium: Built for the 1958 World's Fair in Brussels, now the city's most popular attraction
- Town Hall: This Gothic-style tower remains one of Belgium's finest civic buildings
- Horta Museum: Brussels is the mecca of Art Nouveau
- Belgian Comic Strip Center: Belgium is the land of the Smurfs and Tintin, the museum is also a gem of Art Nouveau