The early numbers are in…here are the trending spring break destinations for 2019 so far this year.
We created a ranking of most booked destinations for March (booked in January) for 2018 and compared that same ranking to spring break trips booked over the same time period in 2019. These are the spring break destinations that have been moving up in the rankings for 2019 compared to last year.
|Destination||2018 Rank||2019 Rank||Avg. Round Trip Flight Price March 2019|
Trends we noticed:
- Puerto Rico is back and open for business and it’s starting to show. This is great year to visit San Juan. Tourism will contribute to recovery and it’s a less crowded, less expensive destination.
- Australia for Spring Break? It’s possible. In January of this year, the average round trip flights price on StudentUniverse was as low as $817. Find them as low as $487 roundtrip from Los Angeles.
- While Miami remains the top Florida destination for spring break, Fort Lauderdale is climbing the ranks. With less crowds, and debatably better beaches, heading to this Florida destination instead of money can save you some serious cash.
- Skipping the beach this year? Flights to Europe & Denver are HOT!
- Texas. 3 Texas cities jumped up in rankings this year. Is Texas the new Florida?