Update March 29, 2020:
ALERT: COVID-19 / Coronavirus
We're prioritizing urgent requests. The coronavirus has impacted every traveler in the world. Our customer care team is prioritizing urgent needs, such as flights within the next 72 hours. If your flight is not within the next 72 hours, please be sure to read the FAQs before contacting us.
Please be patient and understanding with us as we work through an unprecedented volume of requests while the Customer Operations centers in all three of our cities are currently under lockdown.
We've added extra staff and are working through the volume of requests as efficiently as possible while ensuring the health and safety of our co-workers.
We know a lot of travelers still have questions. Here are the best ways to get help as soon as possible:
- Cancel: If you want to cancel your flight for future credit, and you know and agree to the airline terms, you can cancel your own flight by going to the "My Trips" page and following the prompts. Please note that we can *NOT* reinstate your flights for you if you cancel them.
- Change: If you would like to change your dates, you can request a change by going to the "My Trips" page and following the prompts to request a change. Please note this will cancel your current flight reservation and an agent will reach out shortly to complete your change. Please allow us time to process, since we're trying to prioritize the most immediate dates first.
- Refunds: At this time, most every airline is issuing credits for future travel, and are unfortunately not issuing refunds. We know this presents a hardship to many people and we will do our best to obtain refunds where airline policy allows.
- Rules around refunds have been changing rapidly.
- If you are contacting us because you'd like a refund instead of credit for future travel, we urge you to check your airline's policy regarding the coronavirus pandemic. The vast majority of flights, even if canceled by the carrier, fall into the category of only granting credit for future travel.
- However, because airline policies are changing frequently, so you may have been told you have credit and a refund is now due. StudentUniverse will follow the airline's policy. Escalating your request to a supervisor will not change that.
- Please research your airline's policies around refunds before contacting us. If you feel you do qualify for a refund, or want to discuss options; please be patient and use our Contact Form with your information and the airline policy that may qualify you for a refund. If the airline policy allows, StudentUniverse will advocate for that refund on your behalf. With the unprecedented volume, this process will take longer than usual (weeks to months). We ask you to please be patient with us.
- Any refunds granted will be delayed until the situation stabilizes. Once the situation stabilizes, and only if your airline allows, we will try to advocate for refunds on your behalf. This process can take several months.
- There is more detailed information about refunds on our COVID-19 FAQ page.
- Other questions: If you have other questions about the coronavirus and how it has affected, or may affect, your travel plans, please see our FAQ page.
- Reaching an agent: Remember that we are currently experiencing an unprecedented number of requests and are prioritizing flights that need to be changed/cancelled in the next 72 hours. If your flight is more than 72 hours away, please be patient as we will respond to your message as soon as we can.
- +1 800 272 9676 (Toll-free within the US and Canada)
- +0 808 234 4107 (Toll-free within the UK)
- +1 617 321 3100 (From outside the US, Canada or UK)
- +86 400 652 5060 (6AM-6PM GMT+8, Chinese agents, toll-free within mainland China) or +1 617 321 3159 (6PM-6AM EST, Chinese agents, within the US and Canada)
- WeChat Service Account: StudentUniverse服务号 (ID: SU_service, Chinese agents)
- Online monitoring on Facebook and Twitter (Online hours 7AM-10:30PM ET Monday - Friday, 6AM-10:30PM ET on weekends)
Please note that the international dialing prefix (instead of the "+") may vary in different countries. Most use "00" but a few are different (e.g., the US uses "011").
Email: Please read the coronavirus alert info above first, then use our Contact Form.
Tip: If you haven't received your flight confirmation, check your bulk/spam folders before calling us. Some schools, and email providers like Yahoo!, can block our flight confirmations. If you add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address box, that will help too!
Answers to many common questions are available on our FAQ page.
- +1 617 924 6140
Corporate Mailing Address:StudentUniverse
130 Turner Street
Waltham, MA 02453
If you represent a qualified student group of 10 or more, please fill out our group travel form. (If you are a travel agent, please include agency name and ARC/IATA number in the "Comments / Special Instructions" section).
- +1 800 351 3279 (Toll-free within the US and Canada)
Phone Line Hours:
- Our agents are available 24 hours a day, every day of the week.
Group Fax Number:
- +1 617 321 3141
If you're a reporter looking for stats and facts, survey data, or expert commentary, please email our Public Relations team for more information. Please note: this email is not monitored for customer service queries.
If you have questions about an existing reservation booked through our site, please contact the phone/e-mail on your confirmation. If you are overseas, please refer to the confirmation you received for a list of the customer service number for your country, and the direct number for your hostel.
StudentUniverse does not have access to your hotel/hostel booking. If for any reason you do not receive a timely response from the contacts on your confirmation, please e-mail us your confirmation number and any relevant information, and we will assist you to the best of our abilities.
To advertise with StudentUniverse, please contact our business development and marketing division.
Contact us for more information.