ALERT: COVID-19 / Coronavirus update July 12, 2020
Our customer care team continues to remain focused on travelers with flights in the next 7 days. Please read below first:
- To change or cancel your upcoming flight: Please read the FAQs, then contact us. StudentUniverse is bound to each airline's policy. You can check your airline's policy first on their website so you have an idea of what you might be eligible for.
- Refund eligibility: If the airline cancelled your flight, they may be offering refunds. Please email us with your full name, StudentUniverse reservation code and a brief explanation of the situation and allow us 2-3 weeks to get back to you due to the volume of requests. Please note, your ticket may still be subject to StudentUniverse cancellation fees as per the penalties listed under the rules of your ticket. This fee may be reduced from our standard fee due to the circumstances.
- Refund status: Airline systems are currently extremely backlogged. If you’re eligible for a refund, it can take 4-6 weeks or longer for the airline to approve and an additional several weeks to issue. Some airlines can take several months approve & issue refunds. We will send periodic updates by email, but we ask you to please be patient.
- Airline changes and cancelations: Airlines around the globe have been continually updating their flight schedules as the COVID-19 situation evolves. This includes canceling and changing flights, which can impact your travel plans. If you have been notified that your flight has a change, you may want to first check your airline’s website to see their specific policies, and then call us for more information about your specific flight. If your flight is more than 2 weeks away, you may prefer to email in order to avoid phone waits.
- For other questions about the coronavirus and how it has affected, or may affect, your travel plans, please see our FAQ page or extensive FAQ blog post.
- +1 800 272 9676 (Toll-free within the US and Canada)
- +0 808 234 4107 (Toll-free within the UK)
- +1 617 321 3100 (From outside the US, Canada or UK)
- 400 652 5060 (6AM-6PM GMT+8, Chinese agents, toll-free within mainland China) or +1 617 321 3159 (6PM-6AM EST, Chinese agents, within the US and Canada)
- WeChat Service Account: StudentUniverse服务号 (ID: SU_service, Chinese agents)
- Online monitoring on Facebook and Twitter (Online hours 7AM-10:30PM ET Monday - Friday, 6AM-10:30PM ET on weekends)
Please note that the international dialing prefix (instead of the "+") may vary in different countries. Most use "00" but a few are different (e.g., the US uses "011").
Email: Please read the coronavirus alert info above first, then use our Contact Form.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will prioritize flights in the next 24-48hrs. Please include your departure date in the subject line.
Tip: If you haven't received your flight confirmation, check your bulk/spam folders before calling us. Some schools, and email providers like Yahoo!, can block our flight confirmations. If you add email@example.com to your address box, that will help too!
Answers to many common questions are available on our FAQ page.
- +1 617 924 6140
Corporate Mailing Address:StudentUniverse
130 Turner Street
Waltham, MA 02453
If you represent a qualified student group of 10 or more, please fill out our group travel form. (If you are a travel agent, please include agency name and ARC/IATA number in the "Comments / Special Instructions" section).
- +1 800 351 3279 (Toll-free within the US and Canada)
Phone Line Hours:
- Our agents are available 24 hours a day, every day of the week.
Group Fax Number:
- +1 617 321 3141
If you're a reporter looking for stats and facts, survey data, or expert commentary, please email our Public Relations team for more information. Please note: this email is not monitored for customer service queries.
If you have questions about an existing reservation booked through our site, please contact the phone/e-mail on your confirmation. If you are overseas, please refer to the confirmation you received for a list of the customer service number for your country, and the direct number for your hostel.
StudentUniverse does not have access to your hotel/hostel booking. If for any reason you do not receive a timely response from the contacts on your confirmation, please e-mail us your confirmation number and any relevant information, and we will assist you to the best of our abilities.
To advertise with StudentUniverse, please contact our business development and marketing division.
Contact us for more information.