Do you find yourself daydreaming about a beach in the middle of your economics class? Take it as a sign that you are meant to spend your Spring Break on the shores of a beach far, far away! Check out the top 7 beaches we picked for the upcoming vacation:
- South Beach, Miami, FL - Our top destination for spring breakers is along the coast of South Beach. With clubs, restaurants, white sandy beaches and clear water, this spot can't be beat! Spend your mornings soaking in the sun and then hit up Lincoln Road for day-time shopping or a late lunch. Don't forget to ask the locals where to find the best Cuban food!
- Cancun, Mexico - This all-time Spring Break favorite offers a way to have fun in a foreign country without depleting your bank account. With a world-famous nightlife, Cancun is the perfect place to enjoy some time away from the library. With a drinking age of 18, freshman don't have to worry about sitting out on the fun either! Check out night clubs like Cabana Beach, Caribbean Carnival, and Coco Bongo for a good time! Thinking about doing something else while you are there, see what activities are available while you are there.
- Daytona Beach, FL - If you are looking to stay close to home and still have a great time, Daytona Beach is the place to be. With so much to do, you will wish Spring Break was a whole month long! With beautiful beaches, water sports, hotels, and clubs, you will surely find activities to fill up your days and keep you up until morning. Looking for that adrenaline rush? Check out Daytona International Speedway, the ultimate racecar attraction. Or feel free to spend a day at Adventure Landing - perfect for those looking for a fun time! For more information, check out our guide to Spring Break in Daytona.
- Panama City Beach, FL - Spring Break in Florida never gets old. Check out Panama City for yet another beach-lover's paradise. With outdoor clubs, you won't have to sacrifice a tan for a good time. Spend your days pumping your fists to the latest dance music! Relax at one of the many nearby restaurants and then spend some time shopping at the local boutiques. For more information, see our Ultimate Guide to Panama City!
- Ipanema Beach, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - This beach is perfect for those looking for an upgraded experience. The beach is famously known for its elegance and social qualities. Play some football, volleyball, and footvolley, a locally invented sport, with the locals and new friends. Not to mention that the Travel Channel named Ipanema Beach as the sexiest beach in the world!
- Bahamas, Jamaica - Do Spring Break like Mary-Kate and Ashley back in the day. This holiday in the sun is perfect to relax away from papers and exams. Enjoy all of the local entertainment, restaurants, and beaches for the ideal Spring Break experience! For more information on activities, nightlife, and travel tips, see our guide to Spring Break in Nassau.
- Cabo San Lucas, Mexico - This list would not be complete without Cabo! After taking part in the nonstop nightlife and activities, you will surely need your time by the beach to recover. Scuba dive off the coast to discover fascinating marine life. To ensure a safe and fun Spring Break trip, check out our Spring Break Travel Tips!
For those looking to spend their Spring Break on the coast of one of these fine beaches, check out what StudentUniverse has to offer! Spring Break 2014 is your opportunity to relax and have a great time with friends!