Airlines were chosen based on the volume of bookings, year-over-year sales growth, terms and conditions as well as pricing they offer to the student market and the extent to which they create special programs and fares specific to the unique travel habits of students. Our 2017 “Best Airlines for Students” Award winners are:
- Best Airline for Students, Overall, American Airlines
A loyal StudentUniverse supporter since the early days, American Airlines provides unique product across multiple entities, supported by competitive terms and pricing.
Commenting on this overall win, Alison Taylor, Senior Vice President – Global Sales and Distribution, American Airlines said, “We have a long standing partnership with StudentUniverse and are honored to be voted Best Airline for Students – Overall. We understand the value of working with students to encourage their education and world exploration today, and to develop a lasting relationship in the future. We look forward to our continued growth in the student market.”
- Best Airline for Students, Trans-Pacific, United Airlines
Travel between the US and Asia is one of StudentUniverse’s fastest growing and largest markets and United Airlines held 17% market share in this category during the last fiscal year.
- Best Airline for Students, Latin America, LATAM Airlines (third year running)
LATAM Airlines continues to be the best supporter of student travel both to Latin America and within Latin America.
- Best Airline for Students, South-Pacific, Air New Zealand
Air New Zealand ensures that we had competitive pricing and terms on travel to the South Pacific, much of which is booked by students traveling abroad for a semester.
- Best Airline for Students, Group Travel, Delta Air Lines (third year running)
Group travel comes with a unique set of challenges. Delta Air Lines exhibits the flexibility, creativity, dedicated support and quick turnaround needed to support StudentUniverse’s group travel clients.
- Best Airline for Students, Europe = oneworld – 2 trophies (second year running)
- Best Airline for Students, North America, American Airlines (second year running, also Europe category winner in 2016)
Not all students travel internationally during college, but many travel between home and school or around the U.S. and Canada to visit friends and explore. American Airlines understands the value of US domestic students and the future business they represent in the corporate and leisure world.
- Best Airline for Students, Rising Star, Delta Air Lines
The Rising Star award recognizes an airline who is emerging as a major player in the student travel space. Delta Air Lines has worked with StudentUniverse to grow the student market in Asia, Europe, Latin America & South Pacific.
We look forward to seeing you all again next year for our 2018 event!