StudentUniverse continues to grow, and we’re looking for a Systems Lead Engineer for our Waltham, MA office. The ideal person will have an ability and passion to manage all aspects (end to end) of the StudentUniverse production environment. This includes (but not limited to): Phone system, physical and virtual servers, on-site server room, off-site data center and users located in multiple countries.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience managing Linux servers in an ecommerce
- A thorough knowledge of Linux and Windows Servers.
- At least a CCNA level of networking.
- Experience managing a small team of desktop support techs.
- Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation.
- Willingness to travel overseas for up to 3 weeks per year.
Technologies we use (experience with these is a plus):
- LDAP and Active Directory
- Apache and Tomcat
- Bash and VB script
- WinSrv 2003-2008, Open Suse 11+
- Gmail and Google Apps
- RT, SVN, Crashplan
- Switchvox (Asterisk PBX)
- Variety of different networking equipment
- HP proliant servers
- Citrix Xenserver (Xen Virtualization)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Online since 2000, StudentUniverse is a travel company that provides exclusive discounts, rewards, and experiences for students, faculty and youth (18-25). StudentUniverse negotiates exclusive airfares with over 65 airline partners globally, and features discounted rates on hotels and tours all over the world. We believe that travel enriches education and that students should be able to explore their world without breaking the bank. Start your next adventure at StudentUniverse.
StudentUniverse is an EEO/AA employer.