Systems Support Technician III
The Systems Support Technician will work with other technicians as well as engineers to deliver excellent support to our end-users and to keep our servers and services running smoothly.
- Oversees the helpdesk queue, ensuring tickets are assigned and resolved.
- Handles escalated tickets.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot applications and user computers, Macs and PCs.
- Perform Windows updates, tune-ups, malware and virus scans on PCs and servers.
- Manage/Troubleshoot user accounts (LDAP, AD, Google, inContact, Jive).
- Support virtual and physical VoIP phones.
- Oversee asset tracking, licensing, budgeting and purchasing.
- Manage and write GPOs and Powershell scripts.
- 3+yrs of Desktop Support experience or equivalent.
- Understand basic network troubleshooting (ipconfig,netmask,gw,subnet,vlan,tcp/udp,tracert,ping,wan,lan).
- Own a personal computer and have internet access at home.
- Have genuine interest in the computer field.
- Be able to lift a 50-lb server.
- Willingness to work on weekends occasionally.
- Be customer service minded and a team player.
- Have good speaking and writing skills.
StudentUniverse is the world’s leading travel booking service for students and youth. Through negotiations with a network of global partners, StudentUniverse offers exclusive pricing and terms on flights, hotels and tours. Its Travel Services division handles client requests for groups and custom itineraries. StudentUniverse launched in 2000 and is now a part of the Flight Centre Travel Group. It is headquartered in Boston with offices in London, Toronto, New York and the Philippines.
StudentUniverse believes that travel is essential to a modern education. Millions of students use the service every year.
Location: Waltham, MA
FCTG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer searching for talented people who have a desire to build a rewarding, fun, and exciting career with a company that loves to celebrate your success