Systems Engineer II
StudentUniverse is looking for a fearless Systems Engineer. This isn’t your normal position where you may be relegated to one small piece of the company’s technology, or a project that doesn’t matter. Instead, you will be instrumental and have the chance to work in many areas of our system. The ideal candidate will have the ability and passion to manage all aspects of our corporate and production environments as well a supporting internal users across multiple locations.
- Write shell scripts to automate server management.
- Participate in and respond reliably to an on-call rotation.
- Manage services such as DHCP, DNS, NTP, SNMP, NFS, SMTP.
- Manage Nagios, Syslog, antivirus and anti-rootkit.
- Manage CentOS servers (in Citrix and AWS virtual environments)
- Administer Meraki switches.
We are looking for someone with:
- A thorough knowledge of Linux.
- Good Bash scripting skills.
- At least a CCNA level of networking.
- The vision to anticipate problems and identify solutions.
- Experience architecting and delivering one major system from scratch.
- A desire to work with a bunch of geeks, building, operating and automating systems.
Technologies we use (experience with these is a plus):
- LDAP, IPA, and Active Directory
- Apache and Tomcat
- Centos and Windows servers
- Python, Perl and Powershell
- Gmail and Google Apps
- SVN, Crashplan, GIT, Saltstack
- AWS (EC2, S3, IAM, VPC)
- HP Servers, Citrix Xenserver
- Meraki Switches
StudentUniverse is a Boston-based technology company that provides exclusive travel discounts, rewards, and experiences for students, faculty and youth (18-25). Leveraging verification technology, StudentUniverse negotiates exclusive airfares with over 70 airline partners globally and features discounted rates on hotels and tours all over the world.