Junior Software Engineer
We’re looking for a Junior Software Engineer to join our small, but growing team. The right candidate will be passionate and excited to create software that enables hundreds of thousands of students to travel the world. We’re in a great location next to Brandeis University in Waltham, offer flexible work schedules and a great opportunity/excuse to get out and see the world!
- Determining feasibility of proposed solutions by evaluating problems, specifications and discussing with Operations
- Demonstrate proposed software solutions by providing and presenting documentation, code comments, diagrams and charts to other Engineers and Operations team
- Implementing proposed solutions and working with Operations on making code Production ready, including squashing bugs, working through changing requirements and deploying/monitoring in an ecommerce environment
Requirements and Skills:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field and/or a minimum of 6 months work experience
- Experience with: HTML, CSS, JQuery, AngularJS, Git, WebServices with XML and JSON, PostgreSQL (not all required, but preferred)
- Ecommerce experience using an object orient programming language
How to Apply:
Please send a brief cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org – using the job title as your subject line.About StudentUniverse
StudentUniverse is the world’s leading travel booking site for students and youth. Through negotiations with a network of global partners, StudentUniverse offers exclusive pricing and terms on flights, hotels and tours. Its Travel Services division handles client requests for groups and custom itineraries.
StudentUniverse launched in 2000 and is headquartered in Boston with offices in London, Toronto, New York and the Philippines. StudentUniverse believes that travel is essential to a modern education. Millions of students use the service every year.
- Relaxed, casual work environment, including flexible hours and work from home policies
- Onsite gym and locker room available 24/7
- Happy hour(s), parties, boat cruises and team social events
- Break room stocked with snacks and refreshments
- Travel discounts and free airline tickets and vouchers
For more information, visit our careers page .