Business Development Manager - StudentUniverse Careers
Business Development Manager
Department Business Development
StudentUniverse is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to help grow the StudentUniverse B2B brand among universities, high schools, and international travel companies. You will be an integral part of a small but growing BD team covering a sizeable region of the US. This position is based in Waltham, requiring up to 30% travel. Success in this role will be measured primarily by sales results.
Why work for us?
We are smart and growing. We love what we do. We have annual, airline ticket give-a-ways, we host holiday parties, and attend global sales events. The ideal candidate will be part a team that allows you to be creative and strategize how to develop not only our regions but also our department, while being a part of an established, global company.
- Study market opportunities and build long lasting relationships with higher education personnel and travel professionals
- Develop strategic sales plans to drive group sales with airlines, hotels and tours
- Manage and acquire new opportunities in a prompt and professional manner
- Attend sales events, and sales visits as required – up to 30% travel
- Work within current business strategies and recognize potential opportunities
- Partner with the travel services team to implement group travel solutions
- Prepare company contracts for affiliate programs in accordance with current business and pricing conditions
The ideal candidate will have experience in the travel industry and proven success in generating new accounts and increasing existing business revenue.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 2+ years experience in a sales role with a proven track record/success
- Positive attitude, able to navigate challenges and provide solutions
- Outstanding written and oral communication and follow up skills – Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management, able to work under pressure with conflicting priorities
- Ability to prioritize tasks and flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Must be able to travel up to 30% including driving and domestic flights
- Autonomous – you have the ability and discipline to work under own initiative but also within a team
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times while on client visits
- Must be able to meet stringent KPIs.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of the study abroad/youth travel market
- Salesforce proficiency
- Passion for sales, achieving targets and objectives
- Coachable, able to receive constructive feedback and use it to grow within the organization
StudentUniverse empowers young adults to experience the world with discount travel. For students and those under 26, our cheap flights, hotels and tours make it affordable to travel anywhere you want to go. Although we specialize in student and youth discounts, most of our promo codes apply for all ages.
StudentUniverse launched in 2000 and is headquartered in Boston with offices in London, New York and the Philippines. StudentUniverse believes that travel is essential to a modern education. Millions of students use our service every year.
- Relaxed, casual work environment, including flexible hours and work from home policies
- Onsite gym and locker room available 24/7
- Happy hour(s), parties, boat cruises and team social events
- Break room stocked with snacks and refreshments
- Travel discounts and free airline tickets and vouchers