We recently caught up with Justin Thamsorn, the winner of our UT Austin contest. Justin won a $1,000 air travel voucher after entering a contest at the StudentUniverse booth at an event he attended at the University of Texas at Austin. Justin decided to spend three days in LA to enjoy some sunny weather with his brother and his cousin. He just recently got back from his trip.
Justin’s favorite thing about LA was the enormity of the city. He spent time at Universal Studios Hollywood, the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Santa Monica Pier and Venice Beach. There were so many things to do he wished he could have stayed in LA longer.
Justin stayed at the Travelodge Motel in Culver City. Located just twenty minutes from LAX airport, and many of the places he visited in LA, Justin highly recommends this motel to other students traveling to LA.
If you have more than three days to spend in LA, we suggest you:
- Soak up that California sunshine at the beach
- See your favorite movie stars’ homes
- Take a cliché tourist photo with the iconic Hollywood Sign
- Hike Runyon Canyon Park for incredible views of the city
- Attend a live taping of your favorite TV show
- Tour a TV/movie production studio:
- Sony Pictures Studios
- Paramount Studios
- Warner Bros Studios
- Be a kid again! Take a day trip to a theme park:
- Universal Studios Hollywood
- Disneyland Park
- Six Flags Magic Mountain
- Visit the city’s top museums:
- The Getty Center
- Griffith Observatory
- Madame Tussauds Hollywood
- Eat at delicious, yet affordable, restaurants:
Looking for a grand tour of all of LA’s famous sights? We’ve got the perfect package for you.