Does the idea of living and working in Ireland set you into an immediate daydream? We know the feeling. But it doesn’t have to be a dream. You can intensify your resume and your work experience with an unforgettable opportunity working abroad in Ireland this year. Not only will you gain work experience, but you get to travel abroad and check another destination off of your bucket list while earning an income and real life perspective by living in a new country.
Do you already have plans to study abroad in Ireland? You can combine the Work Abroad – Ireland program with a study abroad program and work part time. You can start the Work Abroad – Ireland program before you start your study abroad program, or stay on after for the summer. If you would like to work part time while studying, check with your study abroad advisor, as student visas may restrict your work to a maximum of 20 to 25 hours per week while studying.
Ireland conjures up images of pubs, rolling landscapes and more pubs, but in fact, Ireland is much more than that. Many household names like Google, Apple and Facebook have set up shop in this beautiful land, and office jobs are plentiful. If a desk job isn’t for you, there are many other hospitality and service jobs available as well.
Here is some more information to get you started.
Work Abroad Ireland Program Highlights:
- Work in Ireland in your chosen career field in paid employment positions throughout the country in a 4-month or 12-month placement
- Earn a minimum of EUR 8.65 (approx. $11.75 USD) per hour, with many participants earning as much as $14 to $22 USD per hour
- Immerse yourself in a new culture while living, working and traveling in beautiful Ireland
- Enhance your resume with international work experience
- Find paid work with job placement assistance, resume review services, employment contacts and access to a full resource facility center
- Receive comprehensive assistance with your Ireland Work Visa application before you go
- Travel safely with full health insurance coverage provided
Work Abroad Qualifications:
All you need to be eligible to participate in our Ireland work abroad program is be a US citizen, a full-time student or recent grad between the ages of 18-30 with a passport!
- 5 nights accommodation on arrival
- Fully comprehensive health insurance
- Visa application assistance (12 month only)
- Free wi-fi for length of hostel stay
- Visa application processing (4 month only)
- Pre-departure resume preparation
- Comprehensive orientation
- 2 resume meetings and 1 recruitment meeting in Dublin
- 1 free social event with other Work Abroad participants
- Access to resource room with computers, free printing, free Wi-fi, and scanning
- Mail forwarding services
- Irish SIM card with €10 credit
- Work and accommodation notice board
- Employment contacts
- Monthly social events
- Monthly newsletter
- Meal deals and tour discounts
- Social media group access
- Baggage storage
Our program is designed and built with you in mind. We offer a full orientation to help you adjust and get your accommodations in order. You have a team working with you to perfect your resume, find your dream job and build skills essential for you to succeed now and the rest of your life.
Ready to start planning your work abroad experience? We imagine you still have a lot of questions (or maybe your parents have questions). You can find Work Abroad FAQs for the traveler and to answer any questions your parents have, we also have a Work Abroad FAQ for Parents.
Don’t postpone your future with feelings of cold feet! Check out program departure dates and details for Ireland Work Abroad Today and Apply now.