Everyone knows that Australia and New Zealand are top destinations for adventure travel. But if you’re in need of some rest and relaxation, don’t count them out! These South Pacific countries offer some great places and activities that are both soothing and unforgettable.
1) Hunter Valley, Australia – One of the most famous Australian wine regions, sip some vino and take a tour of the gorgeous vineyards. Plenty of wine and a nature walk are a perfect combination to forget all of your worries.
2) Byron Bay, Australia – Considered a hippy town, there are plenty of relaxing activities to enjoy in Byron Bay. Top among them are yoga lessons on the beach, strolls along the shore, and whale watching from the lighthouse. Embrace the local way of life by skipping a hotel and staying in an old hippy commune. Being peaceful is a way of life here.
3) Adelaide, Australia – If you’re looking for peacefulness in Adelaide, there’s no better place than Coorong National Park. The park offers beautiful sights in its dune systems, lagoons, coastal vegetation, and bird watching. There are many trails for short hikes to take in all the breathtaking scenery. It will be impossible to be stressed about anything.
4) Raglan, New Zealand – New Zealand is one of the most environmentally conscious countries in the world. See what this is all about by staying at a sustainable lodge – they have their own gardens and use as much of their own produce as possible and use a waste recycling system to increase sustainability. You’re conscious will be guilty free as you enjoy the surfing, nature, and local culture.
5) Rotorua, New Zealand – For an extremely unique experience, visit the Waitomo caves, known for their glow worms. Marvel at the thousands of luminescent tiny creatures on a tranquil boat tour through the caves. Continue to Rotorua and engage in the culture of the Maori village with a picnic of traditional Maori food. All of your troubles will disappear.
While sky diving, zip lining, and bungee jumping are on the top of some people’s lists when going to the South Pacific, there are plenty of relaxing activities to experience as well. Visit these top five destinations in Australia and New Zealand and you’ll be so relaxed, you’ll never want to leave.