So you’re stuck at a crossroads. Maybe you’ve just graduated high school, and you’re unsure which college (if any) is right for you. Maybe you’ve just graduated college, and you’re having a difficult time with your job search.
Have you ever considered taking time to see the world?
It’s the perfect time to experience new destinations and broaden your perspective of different cultures around the globe. Taking time off in-between life stages has become increasingly popular and is viewed as a constructive way to travel the world. It is an accepted practice in many places and allows recent graduates to make a smooth transition from completing their education to launching a career.
One of the biggest concerns that causes students to be hesitant about taking time to travel is money━how can I afford to take an entire year off and spend it traveling the world? How will I pay for things like food, accommodation, and other living expenses?
The answer: work abroad.
You have the rest of your life to just work, so why not work in a place where you can also experience adventure, meet new people, and learn about yourself in the process? Work abroad is a feasible way to fund your travels while overseas, which makes it an affordable option for those looking to take a year off and explore.
So what does it take to participate in our work abroad program?
In order to be eligible, you must meet the following requirements: be between 18 and 30 years old, have a high school diploma or GED, and have a US passport or be eligible to get one.
Currently, StudentUniverse offers work abroad programs in Australia and New Zealand, with more destinations in the works! Check out the highlights for each below.
- Up to 1-year work and holiday visa program
- Minimum wage of $16.87 USD per hour
- Earn approximately $18 to $22 USD per hour
- Great bars, restaurants, and clubs with some of the best nightlife in the world
- Miles of picturesque beaches with scenic coastal walks and beautiful swim and surf spots
- No cost for up to 1-year work and holiday visa
- Minimum wage of $14.75 USD per hour
- Adrenaline activities such as abseiling, skydiving, quad biking, rock climbing, bungee jumping, and zorbing
- Gorgeous natural landscapes with lush valleys, snow-capped mountains, and volcanoes
- Laid-back and relaxing atmosphere to unwind from the hustle and bustle of your lifestyle back home
While details vary with location and package-level, here is what is included with your purchase:
- Airport transfer
- 5 or 7 night accommodation in a centrally located hostel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Some meals
- Social activities to get you acclimated and meet people
- Local guide as your trip leader
- Bank account, tax ID, mobile phone SIM card, mail holding and forwarding setup
In addition to this in-depth orientation covering everything you need to know when living in your new country, our work abroad package includes support from our jobs team who will work with you every step of the way in finding employment. This includes one-on-one resume building, jobs consultation, 12 months access to online job search board, 12 months access to job search offices nationwide, and more.
Bonus: If purchasing the Work Abroad Pro package, you will be able to secure work before you even get on the plane! That way, you won’t have to go through the interviewing process upon arrival and will be more at ease knowing your job is all set.
The work abroad program also offers accommodation assistance to point you in the direction for an apartment for long-term living arrangements.
What are you waiting for? You’re young now, but it won’t stay that way forever━you won’t be able to take this type of adventure when you’re older, settled into your career, and have a family. Start planning your work abroad experience today!