Taiwan is considered by many to be a cyclist’s paradise with its picturesque bike trails through the island-nation’s awe-inspiring scenery. Thanks to extensive funding in the past decade, Taiwan now boasts thousands of miles of bike roads that wrap around the 14,000 square-mile island.
Congratulations to our 2016 winners!
Amy B., Justin S. and Eric N. won a free 9-day cycling tour to Taiwan!
Check back in November for updates during their trip.
Now’s your chance to explore this paradise.
Enter our sweepstakes in partnership with the Tourism Board of Taiwan to win the trip of a lifetime! 3 lucky winners will receive a free trip to Taiwan with an all-inclusive guided bike tour trip which includes 9 nights of accommodations, 9 lunches, and 9 dinners, as well as roundtrip flights. Additionally, winners will each write a blog post as a special feature on our Travel Blog!
This is the perfect trip for active travelers. For more details on how you’ll spend each day of this epic adventure, check out the itinerary below!
Day 1: 11/05/2016
- Arrive in Taipei and bike 50 miles to Jiaoxi
- Hehuan Tea Restaurant for lunch; Shared dishes for dinner
- Accommodation at Sun Spring Resort
- Highlights of Jiaoxi include Jiaoxi Hot Springs Park, Wufonci Waterfall, and Sietian Temple.
Day 2: 11/06/2016
- Depart Jiaoxi and bike 54 miles to Ruisui
- Hualien Chicken dishes for lunch; Shared dishes for dinner
- Accommodation at Ruixiong Hot Spring
- Highlights of Ruisui include the Ruisui Tropic of Cancer Marker, Hualien Farglory Ocean Park, and Ruisui Farm
Day 3: 11/07/2016
- Depart Ruisui and bike 78 miles to Zhiben
- Chishang Quan-mei-xing Bian Dang for lunch; Shared dishes for dinner
- Accommodation at F Hotel Zhiben
- Highlights of Zhiben include the Zhiben Hot Springs, Tough Man Slope, and Zhiben Forestry Park
Day 4: 11/08/2016
- Depart Zhiben and bike 64 miles to Checheng
- Dawu Tongfashun Seafood Restaurant for lunch; Shared dishes for dinner
- Accommodation at Boutix, Kenting
- Highlights of Checheng include the Wood Museum, Timber Storage Pond, and Sun Moon Lake
Day 5: 11/09/2016
- Depart Checheng and bike 67 miles to Kaohsiung
- Local featured flavor food for lunch; Shared dishes served for dinner
- Accommodation at Kaohsiung Maison de Chine Hotel
- Highlights of Kaohsiung include the Love River, Lotus Pond, and Dragon and Tiger Pagodas
Day 6: 11/10/2016
- Depart Kaohsiung and bike 78 miles to Chiayi
- Local featured flavor food for lunch; Wenhua night market for dinner
- Accommodation at Chiayi Maison de Chine Hote
- Highlights of Chiayi include the Alishan Forest Railway Garage Park, Chiayi Park, and the Carrefour Night Market
Day 7: 11/11/2016
- Depart Chiayi and bike 57 miles to Taichung
- Xiluo Qinlian Rice Cake for lunch; Shared dishes for dinner
- Accommodation at Taichung Maison Hote
- Highlights of Taichung include Fengjia Night Market, National Museum of Natural Science, and Yizhong Street.
Day 8: 11/12/2016
- Depart Taichung and bike 69 miles to Hsinchu
- Tongxiao seafood for lunch; City God Temple night market for dinner
- Accommodation at Howard Plaza Hotel, Hsinchu
- Highlights of Hsinchu include the Hsinchu Eastern Gate, Eighteen Peaks Mountain Park, and Hsinchu Cheng Huang Temple
Day 9: 11/13/2016
- Depart Hsinchu and bike 51 miles to Taipei
- Daxi Shuiyuandi Restaurant for lunch
- Highlights of Taipei include the National Palace Museum, Taipei 101 skyscraper, and Mengjia Longshan Temple
This biking adventure racks up a total of 567 miles of distance traveled around the island! Are you up for the journey?
Disclaimer: This contest has now ended.