Summer Dream Travel Contest
Create your Summer Dream Travel Board on Pinterest and get a chance at winning a $500 Travel Voucher on StudentUniverse.
This contest is over!
And the lucky winner is Katie Gustafson!!
Check out her Summer Dream Travel Board!
Participation constitutes acceptance of these rules. The StudentUniverse marketing team will select one winner from all valid entries submitted. All entries and all rights thereto become the sole property of StudentUniverse. Potential winning entrant will be required to provide assignment of ownership and rights to submission or alternate winner will be chosen. The winner will receive a $500 Travel Voucher to use on StudentUniverse. We will notify the winners via email no earlier than April 23rd, 2012. The winner will have 96 hours to respond to us with required information. This would include information such as name, date of birth, address, current school (if attending), legal residency and IRS Form W-9, copy of Student Id Card and Class Schedule
If required information is not received within 96 hours, a new winner will be selected.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. THE STUDENT UNIVERSE SUMMER DREAM TRAVEL CONTEST IS CONDUCTED BY STUDENTUNIVERSE.COM INC., 230 THIRD AVENUE, WALTHAM, MA 02451 (SPONSOR). THE BEST SPRING BREAK MEMORIES CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE, AS OF April 17th, 2012, OR AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE, WHICHEVER IS OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Contest Entities: StudentUniverse.com Inc., 230 Third Avenue, Waltham, MA 02451 (Sponsor and Administrator); with Sponsor and Contest Administrator collectively referred to herein as the Contest Entities
- Eligibility: Participation in this contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry, and a currently enrolled and active student. Employees, employees’ immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of StudentUniverse or their and StudentUniverse’s parent and affiliate companies, ,and suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and StudentUniverse’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Timing: The contest begins on April 17th, 2012 at 10a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on April 22nd, 2012, at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion. Administrator reserves the right to change the end date and or time at any point during the promotion. The end date may be changed without any form of notice, written or oral, to the participants or potential participants.
- Contest: The Administrators decisions as to the administration and operation of the contest and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. The Administrator will select the potential contest winner, from all eligible entries at the conclusion of the promotion.The Administrators will keep track of submissions on Pinterest and will determine the validity of all submissions.
- How to Enter the Contest: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. People who wish to become a contest entrant (Entrant) should create a Board on Pinterest showcasing their Summer Dream Travel. Entries may be submitted anytime from April 17th until April 22nd, 2012. Limit one (1) Entry per Entrant. If more than one (1) Entry is submitted by an Entrant, only the first Entry received (based on date and time sent to Social@Studentuniverse.com) by that Entrant will be judged and any subsequent Entries received from that Entrant will be void. Entries not submitted in accordance with the instructions provided on the Contest Site and in these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, in the sole discretion of the Contest Entities.
- Entry Terms: By entering, Entrants agree to comply with Pinterest’s Terms of Service, inclusive of its terms and conditions specific to their local Pinterest domain, all of which are incorporated by reference into these Official Rules. To the extent that a local Pinterest domain is not available in an eligible country, the United States version of said terms, guidelines, and policies will be in effect. Any Entry/Entrant information collected during the Contest shall be used only in a manner consistent with the consent given by Entrants, at the time of entry, and with these Official Rules.
- EACH POTENTIAL GIVEAWAY WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE GIVEAWAY. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
- Verification of Potential Winners: Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential Contest Prize winner will be notified via email on or around April 23rd, 2012 the date the winner is chosen. The potential Contest Winner will be required to provide evidence of eligibility and liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize if applicable. If potential winners of any prize cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the W9 IRS Form within the required time period (if applicable), potential winners forfeits prize. In the event that a potential winner of any prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by choosing from among all remaining eligible entries. There will be three (3) alternate drawings after which the prize will remain unawarded.
- Prize: Contest prize: Grand Prize: There will be one (1) Prize Winner. One (1) entrant will win a $500 (five hundred dollars (USD)) Voucher to use on StudentUniverse. Prize cannot be substituted and is not transferable or assignable. Winner is responsible for the payment of any and all federal, state and/or local taxes that may apply to such winnings. Winner will be contacted through email provided at entry. StudentUniverse will also provide winner with uncompleted IRS W9 Forms which must be completed and submitted to StudentUniverse in order to receive the cash prize.
- Ownership of Entry and/or Photo/Grant of Rights: Entrant will retain ownership to his/her Entry (excluding any third-party material provided on the Contest Site) according to the version of the Pinterest Terms of Service applicable to the Entrant based on eligible country of residence. To the extent permitted by law, each Entrant waives and releases the Licensed Parties from and agrees to not exercise against the Licensed Parties, any and all claims that each Entrant may now or hereafter have in any jurisdiction based on moral rights or droit moral or unfair contest with respect to the Licensed Parties exploitation of Entries without further notification or compensation to Entrants of any kind. Each Entrant unconditionally and irrevocably consents to any act or omission by the Licensed Parties that would otherwise infringe his/her moral rights and present and future rights of a similar nature conferred by statute anywhere in the world whether occurring before or after this consent is given, and agrees not, unless there has been any use of an Entry or any derivative works thereof in a manner contrary to these Official Rules, to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against the Licensed Parties or any other person in connection with this Contest, on the grounds that any use of any Entry or any derivative works thereof, infringe or violate any rights of any Entrant and/or any participant therein. For the avoidance of doubt, the Entrants agree to the publication of their Entries.
- Release: By receipt of a contest prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, StudentUniverse.com, Inc. and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winners consent to, if applicable, Sponsor's, Partner’s and their agents' use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or additional consideration.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason. Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed. Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts of, Massachusetts, for all disputes arising of or relating to the subject matter hereof; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, USA, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Entrant's Personal Information: Information collected from entrants is subject to the StudentUniverse and Pinterest respective privacy policies.
- General Conditions: The Contest Entities decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, including interpretation and application of these Official Rules, without prejudice of any claim that could be filed before the court. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant based on a Facebook account the Entry in question may be disqualified in the Contest Entities sole discretion. The Contest Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found tampering with the entry process or entry materials or otherwise interfering with the proper administration of the Contest or violating these Official Rules and void all associated Entries and/or votes. The Contest Entities may cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest (or portion thereof) due to a force majeure event or any other event beyond the Contest Entities reasonable control. Each Entrant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the relationship between the Entrant and the Contest Entities is not a confidential, fiduciary, exclusive, or other special relationship, and that the Entrants decision to submit an Entry in connection with this Contest does not place the Contest Entities in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the Entry, other than as set forth in these Official Rules.
- Contest Winner: On or about April 23rd, 2012, the name of the Prize Winner will be posted on StudentUniverse Facebook Page, Twitter Page and Pinterest. For Contest results and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Summer Dream Travel Contest - Winners/Rules", c/o StudentUniverse.com, Inc., 230 Third Avenue, Waltham, MA 02451.
- Service Provider Conditions: As the technical service provider, StudentUniverse cannot be held responsible for the participant's ability to compete in the Contest or if the participation is greatly limited for a reason outside of Contest Entities reasonable control, included without limitations: incorrect, incomplete, interrupted, delayed or missed information caused by the user's webpage, computer equipment, computer program or other technical equipment used when participating in the Contest. Errors in the internet online system and/or the internet supplier's computer equipment and/or computer program, failed or and/or incomplete e-mails from Contest Entities or the Entrants caused by technical problems and/or a heavy workload on the internet or the webpage and/or a combination of both. Damages or errors occurring in the Entrant and/or another person's computer equipment, computer program and/or saved data as a result from competing in the Contest. Changed legislation affecting the proceedings of the Contest and the way it is carried through, decisions made by authorities, a situation of war, a natural disaster or other such events.
QUESTIONS OR INFORMATION: If you have any Contest related questions, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org comments powered by Disqus
How to Find a Cheap Flight
Unless you’re Paris Hilton or someone that has their own private jet and an unlimited budget, you’re probably looking for cheap flights every time you’re traveling. Read more »