Read the terms and conditions of use below carefully.
By accessing and/or using the StudentUniverse website you agree that you are bound by these terms and conditions.
StudentUniverse products and benefits are limited to the specific terms and conditions for the product purchased. Some products and benefits are restricted to enrolled students and faculty members at accredited colleges or universities and youth 16-25 years old, others are not.
By agreeing to our Terms, you grant StudentUniverse and/or its partners the right to check your student, faculty, or youth status with your college, university or learning institution. We reserve the right to request additional documentation, if needed. By purchasing a ticket from us, you give StudentUniverse explicit consent to contact your school to verify your current enrollment status.
Anyone falsely claiming student or faculty status is committing an act of fraud. StudentUniverse and/or any of its partners are not liable for any and all damages (such as but not limited to denied boarding, invalid tickets, or additional fees) claimed by any person (or persons) who misrepresents themselves on our website or to our company in any form. You understand that you are financially responsible for all uses of this site by you, and by those using your account information. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information and password.
By using this site, you agree to all of our Terms and Conditions, without modification. As our business grows, we may change or add to these Terms and Conditions. You must check these terms and conditions periodically as they may change over time, and you agree that you are bound by such changes.Limitations on your use
StudentUniverse provides the Site solely to permit you to determine the availability of goods and services offered on the Site and to make legitimate reservations or otherwise transact business with StudentUniverse, and for no other purposes. The Site is for your personal, non-commercial use. You agree that you will use the Site's services only to make legitimate reservations or purchases for you or for another person for whom you are authorized to act both legally and under the terms of this Agreement. You are completely responsible for all assessments, charges, duties, fees, and taxes arising out of your use of the Site. Your account information is owned by and proprietary to StudentUniverse. While you may access your account information through the Site, you may not give access to your account to any person or entity other than a member of your household. You may not give access to your account to any third party on-line service. You agree that you will not Misuse the Site. "Misuse" includes, but is not limited to, using the Site to do any of the following:
- Distribute, disseminate, post, or publish any information or material that degrades, embarrasses, harasses, humiliates, intimidates, or threatens any individual or group of individuals on the basis of their age, ancestry, color, ethnicity, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, sex, sexual orientation, union or nonunion affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance.
- Abuse, defame, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate others' legal rights, including but not limited to rights of privacy and publicity.
- Download or upload files that may damage the operation of another's computer, such as computer viruses, corrupt files, or similar software.
- Download or upload files that contain materials, including but not limited to software that violate the intellectual property, privacy, or publicity rights of others unless you own, control, or have been authorized to exercise such rights.
- Misrepresent or omit the origin or source of any file you download or upload.
- Download or upload files that do not contain the posted proprietary language, author attributions, and/or copyright, patent, or trademark notices.
- Distribute, disseminate, post, or publish any indecent, infringing, obscene, or unlawful information or material.
- Engage in any commercial purpose including but not limited to:
- Advertising or offering to sell any goods or services.
- Conducting contests or surveys.
- Distributing chain letters, or advertising with respect to any Ponzi scheme or pyramid scheme.
- Advertising or offering to sell any business opportunities, direct sales opportunities, employment, independent contractor positions, multi-level marketing opportunities, or securities.
- Post, send, or otherwise disclose confidential information, trade secrets, or other confidential and/or protected proprietary data of any entity or person, including but not limited StudentUniverse, or any of their affiliates.
- Download or upload files that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed through the Site.
- Upload, download, or otherwise export or re-export software from the Site: (1)to a national or resident of or into any country the U.S. has embargoed, including without limitation, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Syria, or Yugoslavia; (2) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's Specially Designated Nationals list, or (3) to anyone on the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Denial Orders.
- Copy or create derivative works from, display, distribute, license, perform, publish, recreate, reproduce, sell, transfer, or transmit any information, products, services, or software obtained by, from, or through the Site.
- Monitor or copy any Content by using any manual process, or any robot, spider, or other automatic device, without first obtaining StudentUniverse' prior written consent.
- Act as an agent or attorney in fact for any person who is not a member of your immediate household.
- Take any action that will or could impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our site infrastructure.
- Engage in any other conduct that is, or that StudentUniverse deems to be, in conflict with this Agreement. StudentUniverse forbids such Misuses, and access of the Site for any such Misuses or other similar purposes is an unauthorized use of the Site.
As a condition of your use of this website, you agree that you will not use this website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions, or those of the suppliers of the products and services we sell. You agree that you will not use this website for purchasing airline tickets in violation of the airlines' tariffs for those fares, including the construction and purchase of "back-to-back" itineraries and other such itineraries that effectively violate those tariffs. You also agree to reimburse us for any costs including legal fees that we incur if you do use this website for unlawful or prohibited purposes, including activities that violate tariffs for airlines whose services we sell.Links to Third Party Sites
This website may contain links to other sites we don't own or control. We put them here for your information and use, but just because they appear on this site does not mean that we endorse their product or their presentation - in other words, we do not take any responsibility for what they do or do not do, sell or do not sell, say or do not say.Use of the StudentUniverse Website
We reserve the right to deny any user access to this website or any area of this site without notice.Software Available on This Site
Please note that all of the software, including without limitation all HTML code controls contained in this Web site, is owned by StudentUniverse and/or our affiliates, and/or our suppliers and is protected by copyright laws and international treaty provisions. Any reproduction or redistribution of the software is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible.
The information, software, products and services published on this website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein.
StudentUniverse, our affiliates and/or our respective suppliers may make improvements and/or changes in this website at any time. StudentUniverse, our affiliates, and/or our respective suppliers make no representations about the suitability of the information, software, products and services contained on this website for any purpose. All such information, software, products and services are without warranty of any kind. StudentUniverse, our affiliates and/or our respective suppliers hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to this such information, software, products and services, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. In no event shall StudentUniverse, our affiliates, and/or our respective suppliers be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected with the use of this website or with the delay or inability to use this website or for any information, software, products and services obtained through this website or otherwise arising out of the use of this website based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, even if StudentUniverse, our affiliates, and/or our respective suppliers has been advised of the possibility of damages. Because some states/jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.General
This agreement shall be governed by, and construed and enforced in accordance with, the laws of The Commonwealth of Massachusetts, U.S.A., without regard to its conflicts of laws principles. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly disclaimed. You hereby consent to this choice of law, and to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, U.S.A., for all disputes arising out of or relating to this agreement and/or to the use of this website. Use of this website is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and StudentUniverse as a result of this agreement or use of this website. Our performance of this agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this agreement is in derogation of our right to comply with law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of this website or information provided to or gathered by StudentUniverse with respect to such use.
If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth herein, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
Any waiver (express or implied) by either party of any breach of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of any other or subsequent breach. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and StudentUniverse, with respect to this website and it supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written, between you and StudentUniverse, with respect to this website. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
- Our tickets are for verified students, teaching faculty, and youth 16-25 years old only. StudentUniverse and/or its partners have the right to check user's student, faculty, or youth status prior to issuing a ticket, and may request additional documentation if needed. By purchasing a ticket from us, you give StudentUniverse explicit consent to contact your school to verify your current enrollment status. Ticket holders must have current student or faculty identification and/or proof of age with them when traveling. Airlines can deny boarding without the proper identification.
- All fares are subject to change without notice.
- Forced overnight stays for any reason, including changes of itinerary are not the responsibility of StudentUniverse.
- If you arrive late for a flight according to the airline's check-in requirements, or miss a flight, for ANY reason you will lose the total value of your ticket. It is entirely at the airline's discretion to provide you with a seat on a later flight. StudentUniverse is not responsible for an airline not providing you with a seat on a later flight, nor any additional charges the airline imposes for this reason, nor the full loss of value in your ticket.
- Travelers are responsible for ensuring that they have all necessary travel documents (including, but not limited to: transit visas, immunization records, documentation, green cards, and/or certificates of authenticity).
- One-way fares to non-US destinations can require special visas. If you do not obtain the necessary travel documents, you will be denied boarding, and lose the full value of your ticket. StudentUniverse is not responsible for an airline not providing you with a seat on a later flight, nor any additional charges the airline imposes for this reason, nor the full loss of value in your ticket.
- The US government states that it is the passenger's responsibility, not the Travel Agency's, to obtain necessary travel documents prior to departure. The US government keeps a list of travel requirements for all countries at http://travel.state.gov.
- Ticket holders should have a passport that is valid for 6 months after the date you plan to travel.
- Unless otherwise noted, all prices are in U.S. dollars
- All tickets are non-refundable, unless otherwise noted.
- Cancellation penalties and change fees apply, if permitted.
- Changes can only be made if there is availability on the flight in your ticket class of service.
- If changes are made to your ticket and the cost of the new ticket is greater than the cost of the original ticket, you will be responsible for paying the difference between the fares, in addition to any applicable change fees.
- Changes to departure dates are treated like cancellations of your flight by most airlines. Unless otherwise noted in the flight fare rules, you will need to purchase a new ticket if you wish to change the outbound portion of your flight.
- StudentUniverse acts only as the booking agent and has no control over, nor responsibility for, the passes, carriers and other travel accommodations and any other products or services listed on this site. All bookings and other orders are accepted and all tickets, passes and vouchers are issued on the express condition that StudentUniverse and/or its partners are not responsible nor liable for any loss (consequential or otherwise); damage (including, but not limited to, loss of or damage to passengers' clothes, baggage, or property whatsoever); death, injury, delay, inconvenience or irregularity caused by, arising from, or in connection with any defect in any vehicle or other land or sea conveyance used, rented, or traveled in; or through the negligence, willful misconduct, strikes, or other acts, defaults, or omissions of any carrier, car rental company, hotel, restaurant, or other provider of goods and services.
- Every booking or other order accepted is subject to the terms, conditions, tariffs and regulations imposed by the rail, shipping, bus, car rental, car insurance, airline, or other companies, firms, or persons concerned.
- Some bookings and other products and services made available by StudentUniverse are subject to additional terms and conditions disclosed to the buyer during the order process. Such terms and conditions may be disclosed by use of hypertext links to such additional terms and conditions. For example, and without limitation, airline tickets are subject to eligibility and fare rules that may include minimum and maximum age restrictions. You agree that you are bound by such additional terms and conditions.
- Travel insurance is recommended.
- Travelers are responsible for ensuring that they have all necessary travel documents and visas.
US states that StudentUniverse has a required license to sell travel:
- *California registration number: 2058600-40
- Iowa registration number: 697
- Nevada registration number: 2002-0797
- Ohio registration number: 8889222
- Washington registration number: 602245518
*REGISTRATION AS A SELLER OF TRAVEL IN CALIFORNIA DOES NOT CONSTITUTE THE STATE'S APPROVAL
Hotel Terms and ConditionsThe Service
- StudentUniverse enables the instant booking and payment (full or 10% deposit) of travel accommodation through our website and that of our affiliate site/s.
- Anybody can book accommodation with StudentUniverse Hotels, you do not have to be a student!
- On the booking of any accommodation you will receive a reference number and a booking confirmation email from email@example.com. We advise you also print the on screen confirmation. If you require your confirmation email to be re-sent please contact us.
- The booking confirmation email or reference number must be given to the accommodation provider at check-in. Failure to produce either may result in the hotel not honoring the reservation.
- All accommodation details and contact information is printed on your booking confirmation email.
- A credit or debit card must be used to confirm any booking. By making the reservation with a credit/debit card you authorize StudentUniverse to make a charge against that card.
- StudentUniverse and affiliates may charge an online booking fee, this fee is highlighted upon payment and is always non refundable.
- You are responsible to the accommodation provider for payment of the remaining owed balance, together with any charges for additional services subsequently contracted and, where applicable, any service charges or tax.
- StudentUniverse accepts no responsibility for any extra expenses that may arise, extra hotel taxes and fees, cancellations or foreign charges from your bank or credit card company.
- In securing the reservation with your credit card details the end user confirms that they are over the age of eighteen (18) and that they are solely responsible for the remainder of the payment to the accommodation provider upon arrival.
Amendment and cancellation policies differ per hotel please see your booking confirmation email for details of your booking provider and confirmation reference. Please contact us if you need your booking email resent.
Expedia & Travelnow Bookings: SELLER OF TRAVEL
Expedia, Inc. is a registered seller of travel in California, Florida, Hawaii, Iowa, Ohio, and Washington under each state's seller of travel regulations.
- California registration number: 2029030-50
- Florida registration number: ST-31901
- Hawaii registration number: TAR-5461
- Iowa registration number: 601
- Ohio registration number: 8789295
- Washington registration number: 601975803
- California registration number: 2083930-50
- Florida registration number: ST36407
- Iowa registration number: 677
- Nevada registration number: 20020759
- Washington registration number: 602-617-174
- California registration number: 2083957-50
- Florida registration number: ST-36671
- Iowa registration number: 865
- Nevada registration number: 20070016
Registration as seller of travel in California does not constitute the state's approval.
Expedia, Inc. is not responsible for content on external Web sites. ©2011 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved.
You may be eligible for payment from the Recovery Fund if you have paid money to a seller of travel registered in Nevada for the purchase of travel services or a vacation certificate and you have suffered certain financial damages as a result of the transaction. Please click here for additional information: Recovery Fund Contact Information.
Is it safe to use my credit card with Expedia & Travbel Now bookings? - Yes. We take this matter very seriously. To ensure your security, TravelNow.com utilizes a secure commerce server, which encrypts the credit card number and encodes it into a non-usable form.Program Policies
- StudentUniverse does not accept any responsibility for incorrect property content including prices, availability and images.
- StudentUniverse categorizes properties by Accommodation Type. While StudentUniverse tries to verify each provider's accommodation type accurately it is the responsibility of you, the end user, to judge whether the accommodation meets your needs. If there are any queries pre booking please contact StudentUniverse directly via our customer support centre.
- The StudentUniverse platform will not be used by the end user for anything other than that which is expressly set out in these Terms of Service.
- We do not accept any liability for losses, additional expenses you incur, and or any claim whatsoever due to changes in the accommodation provided, sickness, adverse weather conditions, strikes, Acts of God, or for any other reason.
- StudentUniverse do not except any liability for booking errors on the confirmation email that are not brought to our attention 72hrs prior to the arrival date.
- Customers are advised to confirm all booking details at check-in, and bring any issues to our attention before checking in to the hotel. StudentUniverse is not liable for price errors if guests do not contact us for assistance before they stay at the hotel.
- If you have any medical problems or a disability that may affect your stay at a particular property you must contact StudentUniverse prior to the booking so that we may check your requirements with the accommodation. Failure to do so may event in a loss of payment.
- If you have any medical problems or disabilities that the accommodation needs to be aware of please contact them directly prior to your arrival.
- Specified Hotels may offer student discounts. These hotels will be clearly marked and confirmation of the discount possibility will be included in the Booking Confirmation Email.
- The student will only receive said discount on arrival, if a valid Student Identity Card is presented to the Hotel. It is solely the responsibility of the hotel to deduct the discount on arrival.
- StudentUniverse may link to/from websites operated by third parties. StudentUniverse do not control or have any responsibility for these sites and will not be held accountable for any information, software or content placed on other websites or blogs. If anything is to your distaste please contact us immediately.
- If any provision in these Terms of Service is agreed to be unenforceable by both parties the provision will be modified by StudentUniverse. All other provisions in this Agreement will remain in full effect.
- StudentUniverse reserves the right to change the Terms of Service at anytime without written notice. If written notice is not given, this shall not affect the terms of service agreed to by you, the end user at the time of booking.
- StudentUniverse's failure to uphold any of the terms laid out in this document does not waiver any of the terms or rights of either party.
- This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Ireland except for its conflicts of laws principles. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be adjudicated in Dublin, Ireland.
- These terms constitute the entire agreement between you, the end user and StudentUniverse, and precede any other agreement, be it verbal, by email or written. A version of these terms will always be visible on the StudentUniverse website.
- Content on the StudentUniverse website including images, software, graphics and text are protected by international copyright law. Our content may not be used by any person without express written consent from StudentUniverse.
- StudentUniverse do their up most to ensure our content is correct but can not guarantee that it is completely free of fault and StudentUniverse does not accept any liability for any oversight or error on the StudentUniverse platform. Any violation of the StudentUniverse website, content or software may result in severe legal action. Please contact us if something is found to be incorrect.
- StudentUniverse makes all reasonable efforts to ensure the security of your credit/debit card details but will except no responsibility for any damage or losses in connection with this use, subject only to any statutory rights that you may have.
- StudentUniverse will collect personal data about guests and pass on all the required information to the accommodation in order to process the booking. This information may contain details such as your name, e-mail, phone no., home address and payment details.
- StudentUniverse guarantees security and confidentiality of any personal details submitted but may disclose booking information to third parties for promotional and analysis purposes. StudentUniverse will not, at any time, reveal personal names, emails or credit card details to third parties that are not directly involved in the booking.
- If the owner of information held by StudentUniverse would like to exercise the right to update or delete their personal information in our system, please contact us.
This agreement shall commence on selection of the Terms of Service check box. This serves as the end users electronic signature and states that they are in agreement with all the Terms & Conditions laid out in this agreement.