5 Ways to Save Money in College
It goes without saying that college students are typically not the most wealthy people in the world. Because this is a well-known fact, many companies have adjusted to this and now have deals and promotions specifically geared at college students. To help you wade through these discount waters, here is a list of 5 ways to save money while in college.
1. Join sites such as Groupon where daily deals are available on a variety of things from boxing classes, to dinners, to clothing!
2. Work-study jobs are very common, and usually don’t amount to too many hours, and therefore won’t interfere with your schoolwork or social life, but will still lead to some extra money at the end of the month.
3. Take advantage of college nights, and college fests, as usually free samples are given out here. Whether it’s a sample of a new laundry detergent or a new energy drink, it’s free! And being college students, these companies know what we will and won’t use.
4. Don’t waste money in the bookstores! Books can be found cheaper online at sites such as textbooks.com. You may be tempted by those school sweatpants or sweatshirt, but if you already have one…or a few…settle for what you already have, or put it on a wish list for your parents.
5. Don’t eat out! Late-night pizza may be tempting, but it can only hurt your wallet and your waistline. Eating through your meal plan is the better way to go, considering you won’t get that money back anyway.
You don’t have to succumb to the “broke college student” mentality entirely! Be conscious of your spending and you should be able to graduate without surviving solely on ramen.
StudentUniverse. Smart deals for students.
StudentUniverse began in 2000 and is now one of the largest Student Deals website in the U.S. and provides outstanding deals to students all over the world! We want students to be able to travel and explore the world without breaking the bank. We also want to help students find great deals at their favorite stores as well as earn cash back on purchases at stores such as Forever 21, Target, Apple and so many more!
StudentUniverse also supplies students with great information when it comes to studying abroad or simply traveling around the world. Our website offers travel guides that provide students with a wealth of information surrounding topics such as top countries around the world, things to know and do, as well as where to shop and dine!
- 10 Shameless Money-Saving Tips For College Students There is nothing more frustrating than seeing the number on your bank...